Meet the team!
Jose & Maxine
We’re a husband and wife team that believe in health and wellness. We truly believe that regular manual therapy (massage and manual osteopathic treatment) and guided movement for the musculoskeletal system can rehabilitate, maintain, enhance and protect you from injury.
We’re a husband and wife team that believe in health and wellness. Collectively we have 20 years experience in healthcare and far more years in organized and alternative sports. Movement is a passion and we believe everyone has the ability to move well and then move often.
We met in 2011 in college at the gym… In 2014 we opened Avalon Massage Therapy where we mostly offered massage therapy. However we quickly saw a missing link of movement with our clients musculoskeletal health. Since graduating from massage therapy we have taken as many assessment and rehab related courses as possible and Jose eventually completed his degree of manual osteopathy in 2017.
Our core values:
- We listen and center our treatments to you
- We understand that you have a busy life and you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle (golf, ski, run a marathon, play with your grand kids, travel, etc) and we are going to help you reach these goals
- The body is complex. Movement is complex. And we do our best to understand it and stay cutting edge on new research relating to musculoskeletal injuries, rehabilitation protocols, and sports performance. As part of our patient care we believe understanding how to achieve your goals is vital. Hence we educate!
- We strive to be the best therapists for you. We take continuing education courses regularly, practice our skills and stay relevant
- Prevention is the best medicine. We want to help you enjoy life and reach your physical goals injury free. This achieve with regular assessments and sessions with us in clinic, the gym, and/ or virtually
Thank you Best in Ottawa for recognizing our clinic and services. Please check out their site for other highly recommended professionals in the region.